Can electrical appliances cause carbon monoxide?
Can electrical appliances cause carbon monoxide?

Can you get carbon monoxide poisoning from electric?

Only use fuel-burning space heaters in well-ventilated areas. Electrical space heaters pose no danger of carbon monoxide poisoning, unlike those that burn fuels, such as kerosene.

What is the most common source of carbon monoxide?

The greatest sources of CO to outdoor air are cars, trucks and other vehicles or machinery that burn fossil fuels. A variety of items in your home such as unvented kerosene and gas space heaters, leaking chimneys and furnaces, and gas stoves also release CO and can affect air quality indoors.

Do I need a carbon monoxide detector if I have all electric appliances?

Anytime that you burn solid or liquid fuel for cooking, heating, or any other use, you absolutely need a CO detector installed in your home. And since most homes have an attached garage or other gas-powered equipment, likely every home should have a detector, whether they have an appliance that burns fuel or not.

Can you have a carbon monoxide leak without gas appliances?

Residents who don't have a CO detector installed, should consider getting one, even if you don't have gas appliances. "If you have an attached garage, carbon monoxide can get into your house, small amounts can also seep up through the ground," said Captain Brian Ellis with the Kennewick Fire Department.

Can a house without gas have carbon monoxide?

Even if you don't have any gas appliances on your property, it's still a good idea to have carbon monoxide detectors. You don't want to take any chances – carbon monoxide can creep up from any fuel-burning devices.