How do you install a hardwired smoke detector?
- Mark Locations for the Smoke Detector Boxes. Find the best locations for the smoke detectors.
- Make Cutouts.
- Run NM Cable to the First Box.
- Run Cables to Other Boxes.
- Insert Cables into Electrical Boxes.
- Mount the Boxes.
- Install Mounting Plates.
- Connect the Smoke Detectors.
Why is my smoke detector still beeping after changing the battery?
Newer smoke alarms keep some errors in the processor. The smoke alarm must clear errors after the battery is changed, but it might continue to chirp even after you change the batteries. This usually occurs in electrical powered smoke alarms with a battery backup.