Can I bypass the motion sensor on outdoor light?
Can I override my sensor to use the light normally? Yes, most sensors will have the ability to override the sensor function altogether and operate the light manually, as necessary. This is done by turning the light switch OFF – ON – OFF – ON in quick succession.
Can you disconnect the motion sensor on a light?
A motion sensor module enables any lighting fixture to become an automated security light. You must disconnect a defective motion sensor module from the electrical power going to the lighting fixture, as well as from the fixture itself. Once you remove the module you can install a replacement.
Can you turn motion sensors off?
The only way to turn off the override function is to turn the switch off and wait for 30 seconds to 1 minute before you turn it on again. This should reset the sensor so that it works on motion detection again.
How do you change a motion light to a regular light?
Most motion detectors have a built-in override:
- Normally the switch is kept on all the time.
- If you turn the switch off and on within a second or so, the light will stay on, and this overrides motion detection.
- To go back to normal operation, turn the switch off and wait ~10 seconds, then turn back on.
How do you stop motion sensors?
How to Fool Motion Detectors
- Learn how the motion detector works.
- Trip the motion detector on purpose until the homeowner switches it off.
- Reduce the amount of heat you're giving off.
- Introduce a masking sound.
- Figure out the paths of the detectors.
- Move very slowly.